3rd Street Youth Center and Clinic is a non-profit agency located in Bayview Hunters Point, an all too often forgotten sector of San Francisco. This year we celebrate over twelve years of providing teens and young adults in the community with medical and behavioral health services that empower youth to make smart choices and support their safe and healthy development.
Our long-term goal is to address the profound social, economic and health disparities that young Bayview Hunters Point residents face by increasing their access to quality health care services and youth programming. Our core belief is that when our youth share in the good health enjoyed by others in their city they are more apt to reach their full potential in all aspects of life.
Each year our 3rd Street Youth Center and Clinic’s circle of supporters rally to fundraise for many components integral to our services. This year, with your help, our organization aims to:
- Continue full-service health care services five afternoons per weekincluding counseling, individual case management, group therapy sessions and on-going support in response to the above-average levels of bereavement, PTSD, depression and anxiety that are hallmarks of young lives subjected to the economic and social stressors commonly found in this community.
- Maintain our focus on a holistic, whole-person, approach to health including our youth group-programs and activities, which are always in high demand.
- Expand our Health Core Programs that serve as a pipeline for our older youth leading to potential careers in allied health professions via local colleges and internships at prestigious hospitals, such as UCSF Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center.
On behalf of the Fundraising Committee, we call upon you, our community neighbor and partner, funder and friend, to support this year’s fundraiser. An evening of drink, food tasting and our silent auction will be held at 6:00 PM on Thursday, October 5th at the beloved Potrero Hill Neighborhood House located at 953 De Haro Street and whose mantra is you can make a change in the life of one child.
Your consideration in participating on October 5th would be greatly appreciated.
Here are the ways you can make a difference (see reverse side for specifics):
- Event sponsor – Visionary, Change Agent, Community Champion, Team Builder, Partner, Ally
- Donate an amuse-bouche (or two-bite taste) for our tasting menu
- Donate an item, service or membership for our Silent Auction
- Donate $12, $120, $1,200 or $12,000 in honor of our 12 years of service
Leave a reply →