3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic offers primary, physical and sexual health care for youth, ages 12 to 24. All clinic services are provided by the San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH). In early 2017, 3rd Street’s medical clinic was fully integrated into SFDPH’s Community Health Programs for Youth (CHPY), a health consortium of all youth clinics in San Francisco.
Monday – Friday
1pm – 5pm
Confidential services are free for all youth:
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Birth control (all methods including IUD and implants)
- Emergency contraception (like Plan B)
- STI testing and treatment
- Rapid HIV testing and counseling
- Pap smears and pelvic exams
- Education on how to protect yourself
- Free condoms
We also see youth for non-confidential visits:
- Physicals for sports or school by appointment
- Sick care for routine illnesses
- Referrals for specialists when needed
How to be seen
Appointments and drop-ins are welcome Monday through Friday between 1:00 PM and 4:30 PM. To avoid a wait list, consider making an appointment at (415) 822-1707. Please note, to be seen by a member of our clinical team, youth need Medi-Cal or Healthy Families. Youth under 18 need permission from a parent or guardian.
Additional Youth Resources
3rd Street is closed on most major holidays and other times due to staff in-services. Please call or check our website for updated hours. If we are closed and you need immediate or emergency care, please call 911 or visit SFDPH’s website for a list of youth-serving clinics in San Francisco.